High-tech equipment manufacturer with a comprehensive range of products
Out of the takeover of the arc business unit of the company Dalex, ELMA-Tech is established in the legal form of a limited company in 2002..
In subsequent years, ELMA-Tech evolves as an equipment manufacturer in welding technology into a solutions provider for complex processes in the arc- and resistance spot welding technology.
In the range of high-performance constant current sources and resistance spot welding, technology leadership positions will be taken through own research and development work.
In particular in the field of control and management of welding processes ELMA-Tech offers a leading and unique technology - the Virtual Machine (VM) is the core of the systems of ELMA-Tech and solves with minimum programming effort the management of complex joining processes with highest reproducibility.
Welding today the materials of tomorrow!
In 2012, the ELMA-Tech AG files for bankruptcy. The founding and successful establishment of ELMA-Tech GmbH takes place in the same year at the previous location in Morsbach.
Under the guiding principle "Industry 4.0" ELMA-Tech GmbH announces in the medium term the introduction of the third generation of the welding process control "Virtual Machine" (VM3), which, inter alia, provides improvements in the field of system networking, the individual interface connection, the external visualization of processes, as well as online editing.
Chronology of the company
- 2002 Founding of ELMATECH AG
In the beginning only sale of arc devices
- 2003/2004 In cooperation with Opel development of the first spot welding system for process-safe resistance welding of high strength steels
- 2006 Development of the lightweight transformer gun
- 2007 Development of Virtual Machine (VM2)
- 2008 Invention of the fully automated spot welding process VISION
- 2009 Development of the manually guided welding guns for industrial demands (<36 kg)
Implementation VM2, rotation frequency 20 kHz
- 2010 Development of a control cabinet with 2 power sources
- 2011 Development of the MIDI MIG AC/DC and of Elma Concept
- 2012 /2013 Development of a robot gun with fully automated gun-offset
- 2014 Start of joint-venture Elmatech Tianjing, China
- 2015 Further development of spot welding for aluminum thin sheets in connection with VM2
- 2016 Implementation Virtual Machine VM3, rotation frequency 20 kHz
- 2017 Market launch VM3