Power source VARIO TS 1500 DC
The ELMA-Tech DC- power source VARIO TS 1500 DC is a fully electronic secondary-clocked high-power source for the arc spraying process with constant voltage or with constant current voltage regulation (digital switchable).
The power sources can be connected in parallel for both operation methods, using 2 pieces of 1500 A in parallel a power source with 3000 A can be provided at any time.
The control concept of the Virtual Machine allows to configurate the power source complete new in static and dynamic by a cycle speed of 50 μs. The parameter for static and dynamic characteristics are selectable in real text in physical values, so that a 100 % reproducability of the generated process understanding is given.
These parameters make it possible to optimise the power source characteristics and therewith the spraying properties for different conditions e.g. spraying speed. Statics und dynamics in conventional power sources are determined by the configuration and the coupling of the transformer and inductor and thereby defined by the hardware.
The process is classified in different segments from start to stop:
- LIBO START: increasing of electric arc
- STRIKING: absorption of electric arc
- WELDING: spraying segment
- SPRAYING-END: separation of penetration bead, wire burn-back
In every of these segments the spraying process requires different power source properties both for the constant current and for constant voltage, particularly in the range of static and dynamic. Based on the segment structure of the Virtual Machine the ELMA-Tech power source makes it possible that all parameters can be adjusted optimal in physical values on the respective process phase.
Advantages in comparison with primary-clocked power sections:
- Galvanic isolation of the power source from mains
- Wide supply voltage range
- Flexible input voltages for the world wide operation
(3x 208V, 3x 380V, 3 x 400V, 3x 460V, 3x 575V; 50 / 60 Hz)
with always same configuration of the power sections without pre-transformer
- More robust and safer because of lower DC-voltage on the power section (90 V DC) in comparison with primary-switched power sections (at 400V mains approx. 580 V DC)