Welding with the MIG AC process
The process control of the virtual machine in the background results in high welding speeds for primary pulsed ELMA-Tech MIG MAG power sources with high overall efficiency.
The MIG-AC pulsed arc process delivers perfect, very finely scaled welds that virtually eliminate the need for rework. Air gap bridging of up to 4.5 mm, e.g. with 1.2 mm aluminium sheets, can be easily achieved (see picture below).
- Avoidance of strong distortions due to the very good heat control by means of the negative base current component
- Very good gap bridging ability
- Reduced penetration depth at higher deposition rate
- Lowest spatter formation
- Improved drop separation
- Reduced burn-up of alloying elements in sensitive materials
- Avoidance of blowing effect or magnetization
- Highest reproducibility and setting accuracy of the process
- Can be used for manual and machine welding
- Welding speed up to 2 m / min (depending on sheet thickness and gap dimension)
- Welding positions: PA, PB, PC, PF 45, PG 45
- Aluminium sheets and profiles: 0,8 ... 2,5 mm with SG-AlSi5
- Mg-containing Al wire electrodes
- High-strength and ultra-high-strength steels from 0.6 mm wall thickness
- Use for MIG soldering (exact heat input!)
- Use with temperature-critical materials, e.g. magnesium
- For use with coated materials, e.g. galvanised sheet metal
- Use for castings with higher gas content
The ELMA-Tech MIG AC arc welding process leads to economical processing of thin wall thicknesses with high production reliability!